Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
92 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
My entry for "U". Scamp was under the wrapping paper playing with his Christmas mouse.

Attachments

Scamp is a typical cat. Aren't they fun!

DW and I went to Chicago today. I would rather be beat with a stick than drive into downtown Chicago; we took the Amtrak train. It's a nice one and a half hour trip ... a straight shot that runs almost perfectly north to south. On the way down I sat on the side of the train looking out due west; that's the image on the top right. For the return I sat to look east.

We were getting into the "Golden Light" time for the return trip. See how pretty the sun, low in the sky, is painting those buildings.
East & West.jpg
East & West.jpg (135.54 KiB) Viewed 708 times

Well, that finishes me for the month except for "my choice". I'll try to think of something over the next four days.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Donkey's sure are stubborn aren't they, Angela.
I really like St Mark's Square. You did everything right with that one.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Angela - wonderful photos of places I've dreamed of visiting. The St Mark's Square image is outstanding - so beautiful!

Louise, what a fun capture of Scamp. He is a real cutie.

Rusty, Your east/west photos & page are lovely. Congrats on your June 8 :thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who wish to start thinking about the July 8, Mary & I have developed this list

1. 'clouds for art'. Inspired by Louise. Please, do as she did --- create some art with clouds.
2. shell/s
3. comfortable
4. floral
5. anything with the letter L
6. pest
7. organized/organization
8. choice image of the month
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Angela, very good and interesting photos.

Here are some dark clouds. We've had so much rain this month that I've had way too many opportunities to photograph dark skies.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney,your capture of the lush grass & ominous clouds make a wonderful image.

My submission is also for dark.
'green pears on dark, dry earth'
sh-dark-0612.jpg
sh-dark-0612.jpg (197.18 KiB) Viewed 699 times

note the difference between Courtney's lush area & my Texas area.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Thanks Rusty, Betty and Courtney.

We were celebrating 40 years of wedded bliss with a cruise around Italy and the Greek Isles. I have come back with so many photos it will take forever to sort the good from the bad. (That's the trouble with taking snapshots rather than photographs!)

The photos this month have been exceptional and i would like to comment on them further but I fear time is running out. I am very envious of the butterflies (and moths). It has been so wet in the UK we have hardly seen any butterflies.

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
One for Sunny. Fortunately sunshine wasn't hard to find on our holiday - unlike currently in the UK.

sunny-2.jpg
sunny-2.jpg (120.12 KiB) Viewed 690 times

This is a picture of Fira on Santorini. We spent ages trying to find the iconic church with the blue dome which stands above the bay. We did eventually find it - but the dome was white. I have painted it blue so I can see what it was supposed to look like!
Number 7 - own choice.

I liked this photo of the Grand Canal in Venice (taken from the Rialto Bridge) because I managed to avoid any of the large motor launches and only have gondolas in the foreground.

own-choice-1.jpg
own-choice-1.jpg (173.18 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Number 8(as long as I am allowed the threefor!)

No butterflies or moths so I have substituted 'anything with an E' from April.

This made me smile when I saw it in a bazaar in Turkey. Honesty is the best policy!

contains-E.jpg
contains-E.jpg (240.62 KiB) Viewed 688 times
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
92 posts Page 9 of 10