Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
92 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
I hope Betty doesn't mind me cutting and pasting these June subjects into their own thread.

Hope this month's subjects are fun to find & capture.
1. sunny
2. dark
3. random
4. anything with "U",
5. butterfly/moth,etc
6. beam
7. into the east or west direction
8. choice of the month

Remember, substitutes are fine and feel free to post subjects from past months that you didn't get around to.

Courtney
I'll start trying to get this month's 8 done. Don't promise anything, but I'm working on it. Tonight as I was looking west the most beautiful sunset appeared. I took some pictures then thought it was all finished displaying itself and would put the camera away. Made several trips in and out of the house to grab the camera. Finally, it got dark enough that I couldn't get any more. This one was taken about the peak of the show tonight.

Attachments

Louise, your sunset picture is beautiful.
Wow, great sunset photo! Is that a city in the distance, or trees?

Courtney
Courtney and Russ, many thanks for the kind words. We get those sunsets every once in a while and the camera just can't wait to get there to capture them. Russ, in the distance is many farms. We may live in a high mountain desert, but some folks are able to get trees to grow pretty well.
With the gift of 27 guitars from Gibson, Waukesha has become one of several "GuitarTowns". Most are normal, playable guitars. A dozen or so are 10' tall fiberglass replicas. All were given to local artists to decorate and the big ones are mounted outside. All the others are on display in various places and are in the process of being auctioned to benefit a Les Paul something or other at the Historical Society building.

Guitar contains the letter "U".
Letter U.jpg
Letter U.jpg (126.57 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

Waukesha is the birthplace of Les Paul and that's Less in the upper left corner of this one.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
For being a "big word" Streptocarpus only has one "u"

BTW we have two of these plants in our backyard - both are on trellis and are ten feet tall.

Louise awesome sunset!
Rusty what a neat looking guitar.
Russ i would not have thought they were that tall it must be beautiful.
DW and I went for a lazy drive today along 2-lane roads. Everything was green and pretty, blue sky and white fluffy clouds. Our route was also pretty random.
Random.jpg
Random.jpg (113.28 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

Judy, many other guitars (I only photographed the oversized ones displayed outside) were equally as wild. Maybe I should post some other images in another thread.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty i would enjoy seeing them. I like the random drive.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
92 posts Page 1 of 10