Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
92 posts Page 6 of 10
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Judy and Courtney, thanks for the kind words.

Rusty, I love your butterfly.
Thank you, Russ

It was quite sunny here today so I decided to break a rule and shoot straight into the sun...
Sunny.jpg
Sunny.jpg (122.89 KiB) Viewed 453 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Later, when it was pitch black dark, I walked outside to do something. As I passed the squirrel feeder next to the patio something rustled and I could some sort of big black shape moving...
Dark.jpg
Dark.jpg (139.16 KiB) Viewed 452 times

So dark I was pretty much guessing where to point the camera; never know what I was going to get. One turned out pretty well. This pair was not at all concerned by a flash firing.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Those sure are funny looking squirrels..... :D
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Oh, I bet the squirrels didn't appreciate that! I'm surprised the flash didn't phase them.

Courtney
Great capture of those cheeky raccoons, Rusty!

Sunny: Was lucky enough to visit Cannon Beach, Oregon, this week, and Wednesday was sunny and beautiful at Haystock Rock.
sunny.jpg
sunny.jpg (153.39 KiB) Viewed 433 times

Random: These sea creatures seemed to have positioned themselves randomly on the rocks in front of Haystack Rock at low tide, but I'm sure it made sense to them. :)

Attachments

Beam: Some beams from the sun behind the clouds close to sunset.
beams.jpg
beams.jpg (159.66 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Choice of the Month: Saw this Grizzly from very far away at Yellowstone. Gone are the days when bears came down to the roads and people fed them (!), so siting one today is fairly rare, I believe.
choice of the month.jpg
choice of the month.jpg (170.34 KiB) Viewed 431 times

This makes 8 for the month. Was fortunate enough to go on some interesting excursions this spring which made searching for subjects doubly enjoyable. Thanks again to Betty for choosing and posting the fascinating subjects.

Mary
Everyone's doing so well with this month's 8 and I'm so far behind. Started going through photos to see what I could use.......

Two boys went out a bit too far & ignored the lifeguard signaling them to come in. He had to go out and get them. Dangerous riptides were along the east coast of Florida. Picture was taken facing east while those in the water were facing west.
facing east.jpg
facing east.jpg (237.45 KiB) Viewed 427 times

A random shot taken on the intercoastal (gulf side) of a group of skimmers. Weird how they always seem to be looking the same direction.
skimmers family picture.jpg
skimmers family picture.jpg (203.54 KiB) Viewed 427 times
A very dark and dangerous looking bird.
mug shot cormorant

Orange butterfly taken at the Butterfly Rainforest, an interesting spot to visit.
orange butterfly
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
92 posts Page 6 of 10