Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
92 posts Page 7 of 10
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
An entry for random might be looking up at this tree?

To see the photo larger (a much better image) open the link below. If you open the link below and the picture is too large for your screen you can click on one of the smaller links located just above the picture to the left of center.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Places/Yo ... &lb=1&s=X3

Mary
~It's fascinating to think of the Galletin City Hotel days when it was the place to stay while in Montana. (Love the shot)
~Haystock Rock is so interesting & so are the random, colorful sea creatures.
~The beams at sunset are beautiful.
~How fortunate that you spotted the grizzly & captured a fantastic photo. (When I was there, none were in sight. They must have been hiding out with the wolves, which I never saw either.)
Congratulations on capturing 8 wonderful photos for this month. :woohoo:
(Glad you liked the June list --- thanks!)

Tennie:
~Love the photo of the dramatic seas in the east.
~The skimmers are so cute -- & they make a terrific random pattern.
~I certainly agree that dark bird does look dangerous. Glad he didn't attack you.
~The orange butterfly is beautiful.

Russ that's a great tree for random & the sunny (perspective) tree is wonderful. All your other photos are real nice, as well.

Rusty I've been enjoying your terrific images. Love the Racoon shot! Your wild life must really enjoy your yard with all the feeders.

Louise Beautiful sunset & clouds photos. Super idea to use clouds to create art. (Bet you have an idea what one of July's subjects will be)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
so early, so blue
sh-beam-0623.jpg
sh-beam-0623.jpg (78.9 KiB) Viewed 572 times

Choice
June morning by BJ USA- for larger
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Betty wow what fantastic photos!
Wow, what fantastic photos submitted these last couple days! I want to find time to comment on them later. For now I have a picture of a moth. We went away for a weekend several weeks ago and while we were gone, quite a few moths decided our retractable screen doors were a good place to live. Weird. This is one of them. Moths are neat, but I am envious of all the colorful butterfly pictures others have captured.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney your moth is quite impressive the designs on the moth are very neat.
Betty, those soft beams of light in your sky/clouds photo are lovely!

Tennie, what a great bunch of shots from you! The butterfly picture is so pretty because of the detail and beauty of the subject, and the blurred colors of the background. The skimmers I love! All pointed in exactly the same direction (I think you're taking artistic license to call this one random :D ) with their striking markings and color scheme. I wish I had those birds around here to photograph. And that dark angry bird - hilarious!

Mary, I was at Cannon beach once and enjoy seeing your photos. The colorful sea stars are great. The golden sunbeams ... that photo is beautiful and warm. Nice to see a grizzly from really far away, ie a safe distance.

I had the idea to do a 180° panorama to include looking to the east and to the west in the same shot. I stood on a bridge over a river, since one bank is east and one bank is west, and I could include the railings as anchors for the "ends" of the photo, landmarks in a way. Well, what I didn't visualize is that when you combine them into a panorama, it doesn't look like a semi-circle. I could not figure out any way to skew the photos so the railings went off to the sides. Oh well, now it becomes a bit of a mind-bender. :?

The 500 limit makes it too small to see, so I've put it in my gallery.
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3649848

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney that is a fantastic panorama.
Courtney,
I've tried 180°s, never had results I was much proud of.
That's a good job.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Courtney, the pano may not be 'technically' correct for direction, but I really like it! And your moth is really nice too, as Judy said, nice pattern.

The skimmers photo was a random shot...nothing thought out/planned. Just 'Oh' 'click'.

Neat clouds and sky, BJ.

Must have been fun seeing the grizzly. From a distance is my choice also.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
92 posts Page 7 of 10