Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
76 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Thanks, Rusty. We live just a stone's throw from the airport and are in the flight path for many of the military planes that practice here. We watched these guys practice for two days and then they did their show on two days. It We actually saw four completely different shows. They are absolutely amazing.

This photo is my entry for floral. I think they are called Ghaillardia (sp). That just leaves me "pest" to get. Some days I debate whether I could use my better half for that one. LOL!! Will think on it for a while.

Attachments

Thank you everyone. I am enjoying Julys photos.
So am I, Judy & thank you for looking :)

geranium
sh-floral -03012.jpg
sh-floral -03012.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 721 times

used CS6 mixer brush --- first attempt,something totally new to me, so need to learn a lot.
It was a fun learning experiment that I rushed through. Now that I'm getting a second look, when I find time, I will add some bright highlights to the petals!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
this is a 2fer - organization & cloud art

sort of reminds me of a Yellowstone bison
sh-cloud-art-0712.jpg
sh-cloud-art-0712.jpg (76.88 KiB) Viewed 716 times

the source image for the cloud bison
sh--Tstorm-getting-organized-0712.jpg
sh--Tstorm-getting-organized-0712.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 716 times

A T-storm getting organized. Lots of thunder, but no rain here, but the folks east of here received a lot of rain.
Betty
choice image

Earlier the same evening, a little before the above storm started forming, this is the way the sky appeared. I had been watching radar & it looked interesting in the west --- this was why.
larger @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/47770383@N ... otostream/
Betty
Betty love what you did with the flower. And i see Bison too!
I don't know what a mixer brush is, but your effort sure turned out well. I like it!
The bison is great cloud art and your stormy sky is beautiful.

July images from all were excellent this month.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I agree with Rusty - wonderful photos this month!

Substitute using May's "Something that turns you off or makes you angry": That would be two 120 foot pine trees in the middle of the house! Fortunately we weren't at home when a freak wind storm came through and shoved the trees through the roof of our house on recreational property in NE WA. The major damage was in the kitchen and we'll be getting a new one soon (which is actually something that makes us happy).
Don't Like 1.jpg
Don't Like 1.jpg (166.87 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Choice of the Month: The loggers came and lifted the trees off the house onto the ground with huge machinery. Then all the branches had to be sawed off before the logs could be taken. Here, Anton, one of the loggers, does his job as the chips fly.

Attachments

Organized: The loggers have to be super-organized in all phases of the operation. Here, Bill, another logger, loads the logs in a specially organized way.

Attachments

Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
76 posts Page 7 of 8