Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
_DSC0273-copy.jpg
_DSC0273-copy.jpg (130.36 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"
This is a rock formation in the Red Rock Canyon area. Topaz 5 used and frame byFilter Forge.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Last week my monarda was in prime condition. I would walk to it and see dozens of bumblebees working it over. It's fading fast, no doubt accelerated by a string of 100° days. When I looked yesterday there was one single bee working hard for not much pollen.
MaM_1192.jpg
MaM_1192.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

I used Topaz Simplify with, for me, a different twist. I can't find the reference now, must have read this in one of my photography magazines: I started with the Crisp Edge preset and then used the sliders to simplify the image. I applied a mask to retain detail for the bee.

I applied the same treatment to another view and put that in my gallery.
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3669477

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Chas i see some fantastic texture going on in your photo. Rusty your photo is a wonderful capture but your additional dialog really hits the spot.
wonderful treatment, Chas

Rusty, I hope the cool front reaches your yard soon --- & Judy, your yard too. The temp in my area is much more tolerable this am. Wish it would last & last & last ------ :)

Rusty, this is from last week's MAM:
tennie wrote: Judy, sure wish I could create like you do. Super!

I just fiddle with my photos. The lady was walking on the beach, the eyes are of an owl I shot (photographically).

Started with the lady/scene. In Topaz Simplify I like starting with 'Image Crisp Edge'. So easy to adjust sliders to make a painted look or to fatten the lines for a bit of cartoon without going overboard.

Then I used a paint texture - I believe it was one from this forum - and 2 others I found on Deviant Art. Blended the 3 of them with the original photo. Seemed a bit surreal so went further and added the owl's head/blended.

Tennie, thanks for the tip. I used it in Clean3 (Crisp) for bad noise in one of the OPR restores which I just finished. It was a fast & good fix (masked) :thumbsup:

btw: I loved all of the art posted in the last MAM. :love:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
That's where I read it.
It wasn't in a magazine. It was here. Thanks, Tennie!

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
To get this effect I used the Poster Edges filter and then the Luminosity layers effect.

If you'd like to see a larger view open the link below.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Photograp ... &lb=1&s=X3

Russ love the effect you got on this. Isn't it fun playing with filters.
Coneflower with a little Orton added.
Irv i like the treatment you used on our coneflower. A beauty.
ladybug wrote: Russ love the effect you got on this. Isn't it fun playing with filters.

Judy, thanks for the kind words. I agree filter playing - it's fun!!!!!
13 posts Page 1 of 2