Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
67 posts Page 4 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
There will be a lot of changes in our lives with the arrival of our grandson. Here he is aged two days being cuddled by his big sister

Changes.jpg
Changes.jpg (96.94 KiB) Viewed 627 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
I am impressed with the creative ideas you have all come up with so far for the photo themes. I hope they will inspire me but I am not sure how many photos I will get this time. Apart from enjoying the new arrival we are very busy with a major decoration/refurbishment project which just keeps getting extended! I will try to contribute.

Angela
Betty, Mary, and Judy, thanks for the comments on my shot.

I think the futuristic house is a very good subject for that theme.

I have 2 for layered.
Lego layers S.jpg
Lego layers S.jpg (69.92 KiB) Viewed 620 times

taco shell layers S.jpg
taco shell layers S.jpg (82.28 KiB) Viewed 620 times

I think flat-bottomed taco shells are fantastic. Whoever thought of them should be getting rich for his/her smart idea.

Does anyone remember the first Shrek movie, when Shrek kept telling Donkey that ogres are like onions, layered? We need a picture of Shrek. :D

Courtney
Angela, congratulations! Your G.daughter looks so happy with her baby brother. Thanks for sharing your terrific news & wonderful photo. The image has lovely processing. Hope to see more captures of your precious G.babies when you find time.

Mary, good find for futuristic. Nice painterly effect for your painter.

Courtney, Nice capture of Chris & his layers. Clever idea for futuristic
I looked around the neighborhood for Shrek. Thought I saw him recently visiting donkey, as he lives on an animal retirement ranch nearby. If Shrek shows up again, I'll grab a shot.

I have an idea for futuristic also, but it is several miles away.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Wonderful images for "changes", Angela. Wonderful photo of your grandson with sister.

Courtney, the first "layer" looks like a futuristic house to me.

Mary, that house is still futuristic!

I have two for futuristic; the first is obvious ... well, maybe not, I'm not sure what's going on inside (didn't go in):
Futuristic Lounge.jpg
Futuristic Lounge.jpg (77.37 KiB) Viewed 608 times

For the second I got the idea from the "arts critic" of our newspaper. Like many cities, Milwaukee seems to always play it safe. Kopp's is a local fast food chain -- frozen custard and burgers:
Futuristic Kopp's.jpg
Futuristic Kopp's.jpg (127.35 KiB) Viewed 608 times

Here's what the critic had to say," At Karl Kopp’s custard stand on South 76th Street, the parking lot is speckled with sparkling glass. Tall prairie grasses smartly line the exterior walls. Cantilevered over a sunken patio of trees and benches presides a gleaming stainless-steel factory devoted to the concomitant pleasures of industrial efficiency and custard. At the far end, a Zen-like waterfall stretches the width of the courtyard. Different styles, from classic to post-postmodern, are layered and twisted together. Like a set for a retro-futuristic movie, Kopp’s is full of odd juxtapositions and has remained one of Milwaukee’s most successful retail operations."

Except for "my choice", that finishes me off for the specified subjects for September. I will continue to work on some of the suggested additional subjects.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I was downtown along the Milwaukee River today and saw one of the suggested additional subjects:
Soft Shadows.jpg
Soft Shadows.jpg (119.16 KiB) Viewed 603 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
I am enjoying all of your photos. I do not always comment on individual photos. But i enjoy seeing each and every one of them . Thank you all for sharing.
Well done, Rusty in achieving all the specified subjects.
Thanks for the kind comments.
An early morning run allowed me to capture some soft shadows

soft-shadows.jpg
soft-shadows.jpg (231.05 KiB) Viewed 591 times
These chimneys were futuristic when the were built around 50 years ago. We always called them the 'rocket launchers'

I added a touch of Topaz (vintage grunge) to jazz it up a little.

futuristic.jpg
futuristic.jpg (150.52 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
67 posts Page 4 of 7