Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
67 posts Page 1 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
Hello All ! :wave:

This is a month that some begin to see the fall season approaching. (I'm definitely looking forward to cooler temps, & hopefully some rain)

There has been less participation in the '8 photos' challenge recently. (Likewise, for the whole forum.)
Therefore, I'm considering changes in the usual format & would appreciate suggestions.

There will be fewer subjects listed this month. However, please post as many current photos as you wish. They are always enjoyed.

Thanks to Mary for her help with our list.
1. Changes
2. Futuristic
3. Exotic
4. Layered
5. Anything with the letter 'P'
6. Choice photo of September

Suggestions for additional or substitute photos.
1. last of summer
2. off your beaten path
3. soft shadows
4. rusty item
5. favorite fruit
6. motion
7. triangle
8. school

fwiw: The above alternates list was retrieved from past months and is presented this month for a 2012 interpretation

Thanks to everyone who participates in any of the 'Photos for the Month' challenges.

Wishing all a wonderful September.

Betty :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I went for a walk yesterday along the cliff in Palos Verdes.

My entry for the letter P.

To see the photo larger (a much better image) open the link below. If you open the link below and the picture is too large for your screen you can click on one of the smaller links located just above the picture to the left of center.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Photograp ... &lb=1&s=X3

Supper tonight:
P is for Pizza.jpg
P is for Pizza.jpg (115.78 KiB) Viewed 1492 times

Actually, it was both people supper and critter supper. I have a cute little field mouse that lives in my garage. We have a deal, he doesn't try to get into the house and I put a bit of food out at night :D
Pizza for Mouse.jpg
Pizza for Mouse.jpg (113.58 KiB) Viewed 1492 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks Russ & Rusty for starting the 'Photos for September' submissions.

Russ, the water is beautiful -- very inviting to just be there & soak up the beauty.

Rusty, what a great treat for your field mouse. My mice took a vote & want to visit your mouse --- & stay awhile. :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Betty - Thank you for putting so much time and effort into the viability of this thread! Really like your new ideas. September will be a better month, I know.

Russ - Nice photo of the rocky coast. "PV" is such a scenic area. Went to school there a millennium ago.

Rusty - Cute story about your pizza-eating mousey.

Layered: Found this rock while walking in the hills near Repbulic, WA.
layered.jpg
layered.jpg (150.24 KiB) Viewed 1470 times

Mary
Greay layers, Mary
Nice Palos Verdes shot, Russ

I couldn't resist the first alternate suggestion. What could be more "end of summer" that a beach on Labor Day?
Last of Summer.jpg
Last of Summer.jpg (117.4 KiB) Viewed 1467 times

There is a park and beach on Pewaukee Lake, right smack dab in the middle of downtown Pewaukee. I guess "downtown" isn't really as grand as it sounds; Pewaukee has a population of less than 12,000. Still, it's a great beach.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Betty, Mary and Rusty: Thanks for the kind words. I've been spending time in PV for the past 70 years.

As a child (70 years ago) my parents took my sisters and I there many times. I enjoyed those days so much that, as an adult, I returned to the area as often as possible.

Then in 1989 an opening came up at one of the PV fire stations and I jumped on it. I worked at that (los Angeles County) fire station for the next eight years until I was injured while fighting a fire and forced into an retirement.
An entry for "Choice Photo of September" is another photo I took yesterday as I was walking along the cliffs in Palos Verdes.

To see the photo larger (a much better image) open the link below. If you open the link below and the picture is too large for your screen you can click on one of the smaller links located just above the picture to the left of center.

http://russinator.smugmug.com/Photograp ... &lb=1&s=X3

Yesterday we were Off the Beaten Path, biking one of the most scenic mountain trails I've done - the Headwaters of the Elbow.

Courtney

Attachments

What a fantastic place, Courtney. My kind of scenery - but it is in short supply in the UK!

Angela
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
67 posts Page 1 of 7