Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
67 posts Page 3 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
CHANGES:
sh-layers-0912.jpg
sh-layers-0912.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 598 times
changing from round bales to rectangular --- don't know why unless the rectangular bales are more efficient for packing into long-distance carriers.

fwiw: I posted some thoughts on the previous page. :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
layered
sh-rolled-layers-0912.jpg
sh-rolled-layers-0912.jpg (89.54 KiB) Viewed 596 times

This long row of round layers is usual way of storing hay. So, the above rectangular bales are something very different in this area.
Betty
Thank you Betty i never knew that it is interesting.
Rusty, I like to see your bobwhite photos.

Betty, in Wisconsin I only saw rectangular hay bales, and they were much smaller than the ones in your photo. In Alberta I only see rolled hay bales, usually individual ones, not the long rows like those in your picture. One of the breweries here has a clever advertising use for the hay bales. They make them into beer cans by standing them on end and enclosing them in a copy of one of their beer can labels. They say they put them up in the farms where they are growing ingredients for the beer - barley I'd guess most of the time. Although they also make a wheat beer. I will try to get a picture of some examples. I usually see them as I'm driving by at highway speed, so have yet to stop and photograph any of them. Yes, Chris is enjoying the changes at school so far this year, thankfully. It was getting rough by the end of last year.

I didn't get a photo the other month for footwear, but saw these fun shoes recently. I am so shy about asking for permission to photograph strangers. These young girls, probably tweens, were next to a goat at the petting farm we were all looking at, so I pretended to be photographing the goat, but captured the shoes instead. I know it's OK because we were all out in public, so I don't really need permission, especially since I didn't even include their faces. But I always feel a little weird about photographing children I don't know, so I just don't do it unless the child is unrecognizable.
footwear S.jpg
footwear S.jpg (177.31 KiB) Viewed 590 times

Hold on, I did post a photo for footwear last month. Oh well, here' s extra credit. :)
Courtney
Courtney, the high-top sneakers are a fun shot :)

-------------------------------------------
October plan: -- Courtney gave me an idea -- bale/bales will likely be on the October list of suggested subjects.

For those following the Topaz webinars:
webinars are scheduled for today @ 4:00pm DST (9-11) & tomorrow @ 2:00PM
Tomorrow's is about enhancing portraits.
http://www.topazlabs.com/webinars/
Topaz simplify 4 is almost here! :woohoo:
Betty
Courtney, didn't know those kind of high tops existed - very cool.

Betty, bale/bales is a good idea. We have lots of them around here in NE WA so will be on the lookout.

Exotic: On a walk this morning I spotted this turkey feather with a shiny strip glowing in the sun. I guess you could say it's exotic. We have about 13 turkeys running around and they sure do have many differnt kinds of feathers!
exotic.jpg
exotic.jpg (191.74 KiB) Viewed 580 times

Mary
Courtney i love those hightops i would wear them. :D Mary that is a beautiful feather.
Mary - great take on exotic.

'P' - Roadside litter of someone with Poor consideration of the environment & the residents of the neighborhood.
sh-P-0912.jpg
sh-P-0912.jpg (194.27 KiB) Viewed 571 times

a variety of blended filters
Betty
Thanks, Judy and Betty.

Betty, I know what you mean. We have a "smoke shop" which opened nearby and now see cigarette packages on the side of the road.

Anything with the letter"p": Painting of a painter
anything with p 1..jpg
anything with p 1..jpg (177.17 KiB) Viewed 571 times

Mary
Futuristic: A dwelling in NE WA. Am not sure it's futuristic these days but think it was at one time.
futuristic.jpg
futuristic.jpg (178.73 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Mary
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
67 posts Page 3 of 7