Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
67 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
For anything with the letter 'P':

My pet, Pixel. Posing in front of the sweet peas. :)

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney, Pixel is soo cute. Love how you got his fur so super sharp.

Rusty: This sign is in front of the Second Time Around Country Store in Curlew, WA. They really do have lots of rusty stuff, believe me!
rusty.jpg
rusty.jpg (201.38 KiB) Viewed 730 times

Mary
"Rusty Stuff" ... that's pretty cool!

I've never been to Curlew, Washington, but I sure will stop at Second Time Around if I ever do! Is Curlew near Orient? Does Curlew have as nice looking a school?

Courtney, Pixel is looking pretty darned good for such an Old Gal ... she's obviously enjoying life.

Ruaty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty[quote] wrote: "I've never been to Curlew, Washington, but I sure will stop at Second Time Around if I ever do! Is Curlew near Orient? Does Curlew have as nice looking a school?

Rusty, thanks for your interest. Curlew is about 25 miles over Boulder Pass west from Orient. It has a more modern school complex and is close to the Canadian border also. Both communities benefitted at one time from the timber and gold industries (as did the whole area).

Mary
Rusty, super group of images you have posted this month.
Angela, nice capture of the towers with the sun shining through.
Courtney, you & Chris had great results growing exotic crystals.
Mary, love the 'turkeys in the straw' Nice fall image.
Did you find an interesting rusty item to buy?
Good job by your hard-working honey producers. What happens to them during the upcoming winter?
Is the beautiful structure on top functional?
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I'm going to overuse one of the subjects this month.

Now, raccoons are anything but exotic around here but it sure is unusual (exotic?) to see them in the daytime. I have one coming around my yard for the past three or four days. Usually in late afternoon, today at 3 o'clock.

When I walked outside with my camera he ran alongside the patio, scooted up the tree where I feed squirrels and then perched on top of the squirrel house peering down at me.
Charlie_Coon.jpg
Charlie_Coon.jpg (418.12 KiB) Viewed 715 times

I decided his name should be Charlie! I'm guessing he's a youngster that hasn't learned he's supposed to be nocturnal.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
bjt wrote: Did you find an interesting rusty item to buy?
Good job by your hard-working honey producers. What happens to them during the upcoming winter?
Real nice shot of the fine-looking old school. Is the beautiful structure on top functional?

Thanks, Betty. Didn't find any rusty objects this time but do use some of their old stuff for junk sculpture-type "creations". The bees will hunker down with some protein patties for the winter, but first we have to extract the honey which should be soon. Don't know about the structure on top on the school - don't think it holds a bell these days.
Mary
End of summer
The summer (what summer?) is well and truly over. We have had an awful lot of rain over a large area of the country. The River Ouse in York has a huge catchment area. The city is well used to floods - it is part of life - but this week's flood is the highest since 2000 (when we were within inches of the defences being breached). It is about a foot lower. Fortunately York has excellent flood defences and the majority of properties are OK. Riverside properties however...

end-of-summer.jpg
end-of-summer.jpg (158.87 KiB) Viewed 697 times

Just as a comparison I have added a photo of the same area in more normal times.

normal-view.jpg
normal-view.jpg (180.97 KiB) Viewed 697 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Oh, no! Those poor property owners! That's way too much water. We've had the opposite here in Calgary - hardly any rain for the last month and a half.

Mary - good shot for rusty. The sign made me smile.

Rusty - I love the picture of the 'coon peeking over the top of the feeder.

Courtney
Angela, nice capture of the unfortunate situation. Hope things dry out for your area soon. --- (wish some of that rain would head over to the drought areas of the USA.)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
67 posts Page 6 of 7