Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
67 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Went to the boat races Saturday. This is an annual one-day event held downtown on the Milwaukee River. There are some choke points passing under some of the bridges and the boats cannot race side by side so they are all racing against the clock following timed starts. This year there were 175 teams entered with 650 collegiate and club rowers from around the Midwest. It's a single-leg three mile course and we had an absolutely beautiful day sitting in the warm (but not hot) sun watching the crews pass by.

Unfortunately, you all know what the bright, midday sun did to the quality of my photos. This is "My Choice" image for September:
Determination.jpg
Determination.jpg (117.58 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Larger view in my gallery: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3777446

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Such unique and creative interpretations of the subjects, everyone!

Choice of the Month: Turkeys in the Straw.
choice1.jpg
choice1.jpg (202.45 KiB) Viewed 807 times

Mary
Keep the good work coming, everyone!

This is about as exotic as it gets around here - we made our own crystals. Can Borax be considered exotic? Probably not, but the final result is cool.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney i love the crystals so much i had to look it up.
Very cool crystals, Courtney - didn't know about that.

Changes: Changes are certainly coming to the bee hive. The white top part of the "super" is capped honey. The bottom part is not yet capped but the bees are working hard to made the cells "cappable."
changes.jpg
changes.jpg (164.13 KiB) Viewed 788 times

That makes 6 for the month - now to tracking down some of the optionals.

Mary
This is one of our favourite runs - alongside the river, amongst the fields and away from the traffic but still easy to reach by running from our house. The photo definitely lacked impact so I have given it a bit of a painterly look with Topaz - using adjust, simplify 4 and detail

off-beaten-path3.jpg
off-beaten-path3.jpg (212.25 KiB) Viewed 778 times

It looks better larger. Here is a link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39600397@N08/8007305324/
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Fantastic crystals, Courtney. We never managed to grow them to such a size, though I remember being very pleased with some copper sulphate crystals.
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
We are up to five pages of rerally nice stuff. Lot of imagination here.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks for the comments. We also tried growing alum crystals, but they were a bust - all very small.

Mary, interesting photo of the bees and bee keeper.

Angela, your "painting" turned out great. I like the look you created, rather surreal. It reminds me a bit of a puzzle - just where do those steps go? What is the runner up to?

Courtney
School: This is the Orient, WA, school which has just undergone a major referbishment. It was originally built in 1910. Orient is a very small community, very close to the Canadian border in NE WA.
school.jpg
school.jpg (172.52 KiB) Viewed 767 times

Mary
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
67 posts Page 5 of 7