Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
_DSC0361_HDR.jpg
_DSC0361_HDR.jpg (113.92 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"
My submission this Monday was taken at Red Rock Canyon. I call it cedar tree and God beams.
Nik HDR Pro 2 used.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Chas - very artistic. It would be a nice print to display.

I spotted this happy little person on Morguefile while searching for a reference photo for an image that I am repairing for OPR --- (I needed a baby's foot)

I think the baby above is super cute, however, I found the crop a bit unusual & thought it would be an interesting challenge for a quick border. After seeing the image here, I think the matt should be larger.
If anyone else is interested to post another way to handle the crop, this is the link to the free original http://www.morguefile.com/archive/view/display/124165

fwiw, this is the OPR photo that I'm currently tackling. It will be my #58 repair, and I'm not burned out yet.
mam-opr-0912.jpg
mam-opr-0912.jpg (45.26 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

Isn't the baby cute? I work on different categories of images, but I especially enjoy restoring photos of babies & children - but, I guess most people would. :)
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Betty, you are a glutton for punishment taking on such repair jobs. My hat's off to you.

I'm halfway thru a 2-week class at our local community college -- Nature and Impressionistic Photography. It is taught by a retired newspaper photographer. Saturday was a 5-hour photo walk field trip. This is one of my efforts after he explained how to experiment with camera movement to create abstract images:
MaM_2492.jpg
MaM_2492.jpg (121.4 KiB) Viewed 1616 times

A larger view is in my gallery: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3788258

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Just had to do one more. Part of Saturday's field trip was inside a greenhouse. We were told, "Don't make illustrations for seed catalogs. Look for different views."

When I saw this image --- one of a number of close ups of a succulent --- I just had to get silly.
MaM_2321.jpg
MaM_2321.jpg (96.96 KiB) Viewed 1611 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
4 posts Page 1 of 1