Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
_DSC0377-copy.copy.jpg
_DSC0377-copy.copy.jpg (141.88 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"
Today's submission is a photo taken at Spring Mountain State Park outside of Las Vegas. The ranch was originally a stage stop on the Santa Fe Trail. Previous owners of the property were Chet Laucks of Lum and Abner comedy team, Vera Krupp wife of German industrialist and Howard Hughes. Topaz Adjust used.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
I went to "Holy Hill" Saturday to look for Fall Color. There isn't much yet in my immediate area but, just 20 miles north, there is a lot. Climbed one of the towers flanking the entrance to the church and shot down for this view:
MaM_2606.jpg
MaM_2606.jpg (131.47 KiB) Viewed 1614 times

I used Topaz Simplify - Buzz Sim Desaturate - for this image. This is one of the presets in the new Ver.4 of Simplify. There is a lot more new in this version than just additional presets. I was surprised a week or so ago to get an email from Topaz containing the following:
As a testament to our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction, we are offering the
new Topaz Simplify™ 4 as a FREE upgrade to current Simplify™ owners. We appreciate
your continued support and we hope that you will continue to spread the word about your
favorite Topaz programs! Please click below to download your FREE upgrade and ENJOY!

The upgrade link takes you here:
http://www.topazlabs.com/support/kb/ind ... +4+Release

There is a larger version of "my Monday art" in my gallery: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3796302

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
What a great start to a Monday.
Chas and Rusty love the look you both achieved. Beautiful.
Chas, nice processing -- sure is interesting history of the property.
Rusty, Lovely foliage & photo. Buzsim never lets us down.

My art has been in the making (off & on) for a few days. To my surprise, Rusty's art also involves a tower, but his tower is much grander than mine.

My primitive tower is the San Antonio Tower in the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Austin

There are cactus in a narrow planter on the top ledge of the tower.
My attempt at abstract art is a blend of 3 PS filters - palette knife, angled strokes & find edges. Used PS mixer brush to touch up areas.
I didn't actually plan to do cactus art, but selected the image for experiments with filters & mixer brush. I got carried away & just kept going with the image. It was a fun project.

my unprocessed photo of the ledge planter with the wild cactus
mam-cactus-ref-shot-1012.jpg
mam-cactus-ref-shot-1012.jpg (123.27 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
You sure did improve on the original, Betty. I like your effect as well as getting rid of the distracting background roof.

The tower almost looks like a ruin from medieval Europe.

Rusty

PS - I was looking at something on the BBC website today ... their list of the ten worst traffic jam cities in the world; would you believe Austin, TX made the list?
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, thanks for the nice comments.

Those who drive in Austin regularly would likely agree that traffic is horrendous. Early road layouts were unbelievably poor. However, improvements have been made over the past 10 or so years. Even though I hate to drive in Austin, I still love the city & surrounding areas, as many Texans do.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Cool milkweed pod (I think) photo, Irv.

Chas, your colors are surreal. Nice!

Rusty and Betty, I like your paintings. After reading your comments, Rusty, I got myself up-to-date with Simplify and I also used the Buzz filter, the b&w preset. Then I warmed it up in PSE.

Courtney

Attachments

8 posts Page 1 of 1