Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
43 posts Page 3 of 5
I wouldn't mind being able to see an occasional mockingbird. According to the map in one of my books, they don't make it as far north as Wisconsin.

I passed on a halloween outfit. I was very surprised several years reading an article in the Business Section of our newspaper. They were talking about how important seaqsonal events are to retailers. Everybody knows how important Christmas is to retailers' bottom line. I was astounded to read that Halloween was firmly in second place. Who'da thunk it?

I also read around the same time about a local man that had just been convicted of a crime after a lengthy trial. Don't remember just what it was, whatever the crime, it was not so serious that he was going to be hauled off to prison that moment. The judge was going to give him a short period to put his personal and family affairs in order and then report on a designated day for transport to prison. This was happening in the month of September. The man asked the judge if he would delay the starting date long enough to allow him to "spend the holidays with my family". The surprised judge replied, "Surely you aren't asking for a three month delay until after Christmas?" The man answered, "Oh no, your honor, Halloween."

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Funny story, Rusty :D

Feeder -
The beetles & wasp have turned the willow tree into a natural feeder. Apparently, the beetles drill into the tree & create a flow of tasty sap, which the wasps enjoy as well. The willows seem to survive without a problem.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Love the photos you are all posting and the interesting topics.
Here's another 'additional'. Windows -- both outside and inside:
Windows.jpg
Windows.jpg (125.45 KiB) Viewed 960 times

Rusty

Betty, that's a great photo of the beetle and wasps together.
Rusty, very nice perspective on the windows.

"W":Rusty, maybe this could be the West's answer to Milwaukee's Futuristic Lounge!?! :) As yet, I have not sampled their offerings and probably won't do it anytime soon!
W 1.jpg
W 1.jpg (184.25 KiB) Viewed 957 times

Mary
Our church had a reverse trick or treat event for the kids today. After a short bible story (it obviously grabbed their attention), instead of getting candy, they filled small bags with candy. These get taken to the local Ronald McDonald House. They, of course, were all in trick or treat costumes!
Costumes.jpg
Costumes.jpg (137.48 KiB) Viewed 950 times

Rusty

Choice:Just had to show off a sample of the honey harvested in our first year of beekeeping. :)
Choice.jpg
Choice.jpg (164.4 KiB) Viewed 935 times

Mary
Mary, wow, the honey business seems to be going well right off the bat for you. :thumbsup: Is it a lot of work to get it out of the honeycomb and cleaned up? Just how do you get it out?

Betty, that's a super picture of the beetle and wasps; great detail and color.

Rusty, you captured some cute expressions in that group shot. You get extra credit for getting windows from the inside and outside in the same shot. Clever you. I like your bird collage too.

Courtney
happysnappy wrote: Choice:Just had to show off a sample of the honey harvested in our first year of beekeeping. :)
Choice.jpg

Mary

yum yum i wish i had some. Fantastic.
BJ, gorgeous colors in that beetle and wasps photo!!! :thumbsup:

Found a couple of 'bales' yesterday.

Attachments

43 posts Page 3 of 5