Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Waimea-Valley.jpg
Waimea-Valley.jpg (50.69 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

But most of all,have fun!
This Monday's submission is a four photo pano of Waimea Valley on Kauai.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Nice pano.

Saturday was Waukesha's annual winter carnival. From looking at prior year files I decided all of my ice sculpture photos look about the same so I decided to take a different view this year and concentrate on the artist rather than "the thing".
MaM_0337.jpg
MaM_0337.jpg (105.14 KiB) Viewed 1416 times

I used Topaz B&W Effects for all of the conversions. I put four in my gallery along with a larger version of this one: http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/image/3944035

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Love the pano, Chas.
Rusty, even in b/w he looks coooold!
I've been just saving more 'straight' photos, but with some extra time on my hands I'm 'playing' once again. This one is fairly tame...maybe I'll get brave and show some of the experimental stuff I've been trying.

shrimp plant
Tennie, it was a bit cold but, truth be told, actually "balmy" on Saturday.

We had days in the 20s leading up to the wekend. Then it suddenly jumped up to the low 30s and, when I was walking around, it was 41°. Great for the rubberneckers, not so hot for the people trying to "work the ice". The weather guys on TV news said it would get colder Sunday and much colder Monday. Well, they got it right for once. Sunday was low 30s and today ..... I was out three times running errands and each time my car told me it was . Yeah, that's right, TWO.

Don't you just miss Wisconsin?

When I was walking around I stopped to watch this man:
Seahorse or Camel.jpg
Seahorse or Camel.jpg (135.15 KiB) Viewed 1406 times

A little boy asked him, "What's that?"

Ans - "A seahorse. Or, if I'm not good enough, maybe the letter S."

Ltl boy" "doesn't look like a seahorse to me. Looks like a camel."

Ans - "You are the second little boy to suggest a camel. Maybe I should rethink my plan."

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Rusty

Rusty, that does NOT make me miss Wisconsin. Brrrr!!! Up where we lived they recently had a couple of days that never got to zero. We remember counting those, usually a lot in Jan.
Down here they count the number of hours the temp. goes below freezing....and we complain about that.
I'm rather on the injured list, can't play tennis for a couple of weeks. So until the stitches come out the best I can do is walk, take photos and watch the Aussie Open.

Been seeing lots of signs of Spring. The 1st picture is straight photo and the 2nd was put in Topaz' Alpha version of the new b/w. (They still haven't put up the Beta version...I'm really looking forward to the final version.)
I still can't decide which I like better.
spring buds 1a.jpg
spring buds 1a.jpg (118.98 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Attachments

I vote for the second one. Methinks better petal detail
I also liked the shrimp plant a lot.

I'll be looking forward to the new Topaz B&W.

Rusty

A good variety of art this week, I think.

Tennie - Please do post your experiments; they're fun to see.

For fun I'm showing both the original photo, and my "art" creation. I used Topaz Adjust and clicked through the Stylized category of filters. It's so interesting to see how filters that don't work at all on people and landscape photos ( my usual type of photos), look so cool on this architectural shot, and filters that look nice on people take away from this photo. I had a hard time choosing between all the cool results, but decided on "Brash" in the end.

Chas, thanks for keeping this weekly thread going. I don't always get to participate, but I eventually do always find time to look and enjoy the art of others. In fact today when I decided I could join in, I found I had NO photos on my computer yet taken in January. Good grief, it's already the 22nd and I hadn't downloaded anything from my cameras yet, and there weren't all that many to download. Just not shooting and editing much lately. Hopefully that can change.

Courtney

Attachments

Wow, Courtney! That really does work well. I'm with you...usually shoot landscapes and people so never really found a use for many of the wild filters.

This is one of my experiments. Now I really wish I could remember how I did it; too many steps, too many different plug-ins, etc. The original was on the retouchpro site.

CP-Pensive look web.jpg
CP-Pensive look web.jpg (177.76 KiB) Viewed 1386 times

Link to the original photo post. Photo thumbnail enlarges when clicked.
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/turnin ... -look.html
This was fun. Used Impressionist (for mosaic), Topaz and PostWorkShop.

2 hats
Thanks for the beautiful art. Such pleasure for my eyes. I hope to join in as soon as things slow down for me.
13 posts Page 1 of 2