Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
_DSC0602_HDR.jpg
_DSC0602_HDR.jpg (88.22 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

But most of all,have fun!
This Monday's submission is a near sunset photo taken in Kauai. Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 used.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
WOW !!!

That is wonderful.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty,
What really surprised me about this photo is that I only used 3 exposures to create it. -1 0 +1. I really wish that Nikon could have expanded the bracketing to at least 5 exposures. Thanks for the kind words.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
Beautiful light on those clouds, Chas. Well done!!!

Did a bit of arty stuff on this orang. Somehow it had gotten it's arms in the sleeves of the shirt. The rest of the shirt just lay behind it's neck.

Attachments

My last issue of Outdoor Photographer had several articles on HDR. One discussion of methods to obtain the "starting images" struck me by its simplicity.

Set your 3-bracket set for 1-stop. Set exposure compensation for +1 and take your three shots. Change EV to -1 and take three shots. You'll have one duplicate to discard; the remaining five will spread from -2 to +2

I tried this and didn't get what I was expecting so I figured out that I had to turn off things like Auto-ISO and I may have finally decided to use "M" to keep Nikon from "helping me".

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Chas wonderful work.
Tennie that is the cutest fella.
I found out that you can actually get a nine exposure spread with the Nikon D7000. You use the usual +1 0 -1.
Then you put -4,-3,-2 and +2,+3,+4 into the U1 and U2 user setting modes. I haven't quite figured out how to do this as yet.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
7 posts Page 1 of 1