Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
43 posts Page 4 of 5
Great animal shots, Tennie. I have been trying to get creative but so far have only managed to find a very uncooperative horse. All I ended up with was a standard photo.
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
Mineral: I'm afraid this image isn't that creative, but the surface could be an abstract painting.... Think there should be lots of minerals in this rock. :) Found at a gas station parking lot in Republic, WA.
mineral.jpg
mineral.jpg (189.14 KiB) Viewed 688 times

Mary
Animal: Two Canadian geese seem to have taken up residence by the creek. Hope they decide to build a nest nearby!
animal.jpg
animal.jpg (191.23 KiB) Viewed 682 times

Mary
The Science Center has a "Take it Apart" station. The kids are given old electronics to disassemble. The Science Center recycles and reclaims some of the components and metals. I think this dvd / amplifier was bigger than a bread box before they started.

Courtney

Attachments

Mary that rock is such a beauty just look at the background possibilities.
I sure hope Mr. goose compels mrs goose to raise the young ones there, it would be great for us.
Courtney i love the science project. They both really looks into it. You can not beat hands on learning. Better at a museum than your living room and electronics. :biggrin:
I have a couple more pictures from the science center. The theme for the weekend I was there was "Dig It" and had to do with gardening and plants. I haven't yet taken a photo for the vegetable subject, but here I give you animal and mineral.

It must be a mineral, because the sign says so.
mineral s.jpg
mineral s.jpg (152.85 KiB) Viewed 676 times

A cup full of special red worms busy making worm castings compost. They were part of the vermicomposting display.
animals S.jpg
animals S.jpg (136.26 KiB) Viewed 676 times

Courtney
Judy, that is so funny that you said that because right now we DO have partially disassembled electronics in our living room! Yes, he enjoyed it so much at the science center that he asked when he got home if we had any electronics for him so take apart. DH brought up an old shell of a computer from the basement and Chris went to town on it.

Tennie, I love the camel pic perspective.

I have a series of shots for "wind." In this case it was a gentle wind and some colored bubbles being blown and chased.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney, I love your bubbles series! Great finds at the science center.
Courtney love the science projects. Wow colored bubbles now that is so cool! I wish i had them as a kid. The bubble face is priceless!
Courtney, what a win-win situation for the kids and the Center when kids take apart elctronics!
Someone had a great idea there. All the photos from the Center were interesting - may have to check out the Seattle one sometime. Liked the fun photos with the colored bubbles,

Mary
43 posts Page 4 of 5