Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
48 posts Page 4 of 5
Thanks, Mary. The showroom lights did some interesting things to that hood ornament.

Yesterday we made our annual trek to a town south of us ... Racine. There is a greenhouse there that DW thinks have the best selection of geraniums (always feature in her patio plantings). I also picked up a rhubarb plant to add to the garden next to the one we already have. Mmmmmm, I sure do like the pies she makes!

Soooooooo, R is for red geraniums and also for rhubarb.
Letter R.jpg
Letter R.jpg (121.69 KiB) Viewed 674 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
If I've driven to Racine, it's no big deal to continue on south a few more miles to Kenosha. This is the headquarters of Jockey and, of course, has a Jockey Factory Store.

Perfect for stocking up on underwear, shirts, etc.

I had no idea that the style t-shirts I like are considered classic!
Classic.jpg
Classic.jpg (128.69 KiB) Viewed 674 times

Six more days ... I still need luxury and a choice photo.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty i have never had rhubarb pie but every time i hear it i want to try it. I bet it is delicious.
ladybug wrote: Rusty i have never had rhubarb pie but every time i hear it i want to try it. I bet it is delicious.

I love rhubarb anything!!! Used to grow it (like Rusty) but it doesn't grow in Florida. Now I have to buy it frozen.
Tennie maybe i can find it. I am gonna go a huntin for it.
Like the layout of your R photos, Rusty. The Jockey Classics is funny. :)

Eco-senstive: This is a homemade solar fountain! You have to fill up the bucket with water but the idea is that the fountain will help distribute the drops of water to the plants below when the wind comes along! Time will tell.... :)

eco-sensitive 2.jpg
eco-sensitive 2.jpg (215.56 KiB) Viewed 659 times

Mary
Mary that is a very neat idea. I like it.
We went for a lovely bike ride last weekend and I took a few shots for the May 8. This is my photo for eco-sensitive. At 500 pixels you won't be able to read much of the sign; it says, "Trail Closed. This trail is closed to allow restoration and regeneration of vegetation. For more information phone ... " You can see how the fallen trees have been piled up across the trail and scattered down it so you won't want to ride or walk it.

Courtney

Attachments

The sign is readily visable, Courtney - neat shot!

Coice: A duck and 3 little ones were hanging around the road in front of the neighbors' house peeping and quacking loudly. After some time they went into the lake and swam off.
choice2.jpg
choice2.jpg (216.61 KiB) Viewed 644 times

While they were still there, the mother duck jumped up on the neighbors' porch and was encouraging this little guy to follow.
choice1.jpg
choice1.jpg (174.02 KiB) Viewed 644 times

Later that afternoon the neighbor showed us this big container from his porch with 4 ducklings in it!! Evidently the ducklings had fallen into the container and couldn't get out which explains the mother duck quacking and hanging around so long. The neighbors put them under a bush and when they turned their backs, the ducklings jumped into the lake! We can only hope they found their mother or somehow survived.
choicd3.jpg
choicd3.jpg (227.13 KiB) Viewed 644 times

That's it for May - much fun as always.

Mary
Oh no! I sure hope mama and the 4 ducklings are reunited!

My photo for 'choice' is of two of the young owls. In this photos they're a short distance out of the nest, looking all puffy and fluffed up and tough at the same time. I believe they are great horned owls. The evening was overcast so I didn't have as much light as I'd have liked, but I hope to get back a couple more times to get better photos of them before they fly away.

For the theme of 'power' there are so many good subjects, but I got it in my head that I wanted to show the power of water. We've had a lot of rain lately so the local rivers and creeks are flowing fast, full of muddy water. But I had a hard time capturing and conveying the raw power of the water. Since it's the end of the month, I'm going with the best I have. The trees have been uprooted by the water and carried a ways downstream in my photo, which isn't at all obvious, but at least you can see the little rapids churning by.

Courtney

Attachments

48 posts Page 4 of 5