Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
48 posts Page 2 of 5
verdigris-1.jpg
verdigris-1.jpg (96.59 KiB) Viewed 645 times

This statue in Skopelos shows the verdigris quite nicely

And so does this one

verdigris-2.jpg
verdigris-2.jpg (95.07 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
R is for - Rooftops, lots of them

View over Skopelos town

rooftops.jpg
rooftops.jpg (120.51 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
R is also for Red Rooftops.
That sure looks like it would be a fun place to visit.

Good job on verdigris; I still have my thinking cap on for where to find something.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Courtney took us to visit this new park near her home...
Eco-sensitive.jpg
Eco-sensitive.jpg (122.07 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Ralph Klein Park is Calgary's newest major park featuring a man-made wetland that uses natural vegetation to treat storm water before it is discharged into the Bow River. Ralph Klein Park offers numerous on-site programs and events and can also be booked for private functions and birthday parties.

I found the construction technique of the stacked stone retaining walls fascinating. Never could figure out a photo angle to do them justice.
Retaining Wall.jpg
Retaining Wall.jpg (109.7 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Rusty

And, I got another one of my May Eight in Calgary.
Simple.jpg
Simple.jpg (122.24 KiB) Viewed 642 times

If you know anything about Calatrava's work you will understand why I can consider this "simple".

This is what a website says about it...
Peace Bridge is a pedestrian bridge, designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, that accommodates both pedestrians and cyclists crossing the Bow River in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

The design follows strict requirements with no piers in the water (in an effort to minimize the ecological footprint) and restricted height (due to the vicinity of the City/Bow River Heliport).

As such, the bridge is a departure from Calatrava's usual designs, which are typically asymmetric shapes anchored by high masts. Another atypical element is the color, while most of Calatrava's designs are white, the Peace Bridge features a red and white pattern (Red and white are the colors in both the Flag of Canada and the Flag of Calgary).

Here's what the whole thing looks like (complete with a friendly photographer posing in the foreground)
Peace Bridge.jpg
Peace Bridge.jpg (73.65 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Rusty

Good shots so far Mary, Angela, and Rusty. :thumbsup:

I didn't know those facts about the Peace bridge being atypical for Calatrava. I like how you photographed it symmetrically from inside. The shadows continue the pattern, I think it's cool.

Courtney
wow fascinating photos folks, thanks for the wonderful sites for my eyes.
We have not had significant rain for quite awhile. There have been some local grassfires, but no homes lost thankfully. The fire danger is critical and there are fire bans. I'm sure it won't last - it is spring so it can't be drought time already. Early this evening we had some welcome rain. And afterwards I saw this lovely blob of a rainbow out my back window. You know how photos of rainbows always look so faint compared to how the eye sees them? Well, a Topaz Buzsim preset punched it up nicely.

This is my letter R submission.

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney that is awesome.
Thanks for the comments, Betty and Courtney.
Love seeing images from different parts of the world - very unique images, Angela, Rusty, and Courtney!

verdigris green: Spotted this in front of a house. Think it's "faux" but still interesting.
verdegris green.jpg
verdegris green.jpg (207.12 KiB) Viewed 617 times

Luxury: At a marina on Lake Washington.
luxury.jpg
luxury.jpg (212.26 KiB) Viewed 617 times

Mary
48 posts Page 2 of 5