Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
48 posts Page 5 of 5
Mary i just love your duck tale and the photos.
Courtney oh my those owls are some of the most beautiful i have ever seen.
What a great find, Courtney! We have Great Horned Owls around here in NE WA, but the best I've ever done is photograph a young one from far away. Your image shows the owlets so clearly and looking right at the camera, too.

Mary
I agree with all the owl comments ... great photos. You can even see the little bumps on the heads where feathers will grow to form the "horns".

It's the last day of the month; I went out a little while ago to finish my Eight.

This doesn't have the cachet it once had but, fifty years ago, like most car crazy teenage boys, I thought this was the height of luxury:
Luxury.jpg
Luxury.jpg (118.96 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

My yard is finally starting to show color everywhere you look. So, this is my choice subject for May.
Choice.jpg
Choice.jpg (132.29 KiB) Viewed 1069 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty what beautiful purples in your flower. Boy i must be getting old because i recognize the flower but i can not remember the name. :doh:
Judy, that is an iris. A beautiful one at that.

Today I got a marginal verdigris green shot. Even though it is the first of June, the June 8 hasn't been posted yet so I'm going to take advantage and sneak in one more May picture. Now, the domes on this building are not very green, but it is weathered copper or brass or one of those verdigris type metals. :?

Courtney

Attachments

Courtney :doh: i knew it was an iris! eye eye eye me memory is going!

Beautiful building Courtney.
Great shots of the ducks, owls, flowers, & everything else. It's so interesting to see what is happening in your part of our world, Mary, Angela, Courtney & Rusty.
I had hoped to get some decent shots of the powerful spring storms in this area, but they were so powerful, that I didn't want to chance damaging my cam.

I believe Rusty plans to provide the June list. If not, I will, unless someone else wishes to do so. I always enjoy seeing everyone's captures. I don't know much about facebook, but maybe we have our own little version of it here. :love:
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
I believe Rusty plans to provide the June list. If not, I will, unless someone else wishes to do so.

Ooops. If I was going to, I guess I forgot. How about somebody else stepping up.
If I don't see a list an a few days, I'll put my thinking cap on.

Yes, Judy ... iris it is. I have only seen them in two colors, yellow and many shades of purple. I have a clump of yellow in my yard as well. They always seem to bloom a few days after the purple ones:
Yellow Iris.jpg
Yellow Iris.jpg (96.24 KiB) Viewed 1053 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
48 posts Page 5 of 5