Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
_DSC0634-copy.jpg
_DSC0634-copy.jpg (144.18 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
It's "Make Art Monday!" So let's get busy and make some GREAT art!

Change a blend mode, play with a filter ..... anything goes as "ART"

But most of all,have fun!
This Monday's submission is of a church in the town of Hanalei on Kauai. Topaz Adjust 5 used.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
This was shot in downtown Calgary last week.
Copy layer, convert to B&W, invert, change blend mode to Color Burn.
MaM_1427.jpg
MaM_1427.jpg (130.62 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

This is quite a welcome departure from the turds in the plaza school of public art that was so prevalent in the 1960s and 1970s :biggrin:
This is what it actually looks like:
DSC_1427 SOOC.jpg
DSC_1427 SOOC.jpg (98.63 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

That's a pretty church, Chas.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty, your creative use of blend modes has bought life to that sculpture. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Turds in the plaza? :rotfl: I like how you processed the big giant head. (Anyone remember that from 3rd Rock From the Sun?)

I Topazed my shot up a bit. This was the scene at church after the 1st communion mass. The kids were all assembled for parents to be able to take a group shot. But nobody told the parents to stay back, so it was ridiculous and impossible to get a group shot without all the parents in the picture. In my photo about half of the kids aren't even in the frame, that's how many there were. That's OK, I didn't need a group shot anyway. I like the variety of cameras - there is a dslr, a p&s and a camera phone visible.

Courtney

Attachments

Chas that is so beautiful!
Rusty ha ha i love what you did with the turd. I am glad i was not drinking coffee when i read that.
Courtney i love the shot of all the cameras at least you got a few of the kids.
My first job out of the Army was in New York City; a lot of new buildings were going up in Manhattan. In an attempt to beautify the city, city codes of the time encouraged architects to set the buildings back from the sidewalk, creating a small plaza, and add some "art". There were some property tax breaks to prompt this.

Always looking to cut costs, some of the builders simply had very large, irregular shaped boulders trucked in and plopped down in the plaza. There, that's the art.

The Architectural Critic of the New York Times, reviewing the opening of a newly created building, coined the phrase when he opined (don't remember his exact words), "Sadly, it is another example of turds in the plaza passed off as art."

Rusty :biggrin:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Rusty that is very interesting . I could not understand why it was called a turd now i understand that beauty is not the turd but other erected so call art is. Thanks for the info
7 posts Page 1 of 1