Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
51 posts Page 5 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Lovely to be able to pick such luscious looking raspberries. Those bees on the frames makes a really interesting picture.
Thanks, Tennie.

Anything with G: Ha - this is a paddleboarding dog. It's very hot here now, but there is a breeze on the lake which attracts lots of folks attempting to cool off. Good for her for including the dog!
something with G.jpg
something with G.jpg (243.46 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Mary
If you look up, there is a triangle on top.
triangle on top S.jpg
triangle on top S.jpg (87.46 KiB) Viewed 628 times

We've seen good flower shots for purple and yellow together. I'll add one of my irises to the mix.
purple yellow iris S.jpg
purple yellow iris S.jpg (104.3 KiB) Viewed 628 times

I totally stole Mary's abstract idea, even using it on flowers as she did. I spun my camera to get the abstract effect. Thanks, Mary!
abstract irises S.jpg
abstract irises S.jpg (123.78 KiB) Viewed 628 times

Courtney
My photos show the passage of time, in this case, one day. Calgary was hit by serious flooding 2 weeks ago. The main river through the city is the Bow river, and I live a couple miles from it. I went to see the flooding the 2nd and 3rd day, when it had started to go down. That is a little footbridge mostly under water, with debris washed up against it. It bridges a tiny little creek. The creek did not flood; the Bow river is about 200 - 300 yards to the left in these photos and it overflowed its banks, submerging the pathway and bridge. I'm impressed by how well built the little bridge is to withstand the force of the water and the debris pinned up against it. I estimate that in this spot the water must have been about 6 - 7 feet deep.
passage 1 S.jpg
passage 1 S.jpg (123.23 KiB) Viewed 628 times

passage 2 S.jpg
passage 2 S.jpg (123.39 KiB) Viewed 628 times

For my choice this month I have another flood shot. To appreciate this you have to know that the river isn't even visible in this shot, or at least it isn't supposed to be. This is the entrance to a parking lot for a driving range. There are 2 stands of trees before you get to the Bow river, almost a quarter mile away (straight ahead) from where I took the photo.
flood 2013 driving range S.jpg
flood 2013 driving range S.jpg (112.67 KiB) Viewed 628 times

Courtney
The last of my 8 is Green. This is a picture of lettuce in my vegetable garden. I believe the kind is "red sails." I originally took it for abstract, but decided I liked it better for "G."

Courtney

Attachments

Mary those raspberry's look yummy.
Courtney very nice series on passage of time. The lettuce looks yummy to. I think i will have a salad.
Judy,

Thanks for your comments! To tell you the truth, our pet rabbits will get more of that lettuce than we will eat.

Courtney
Thanks for the comments, Judy and Courtney.

Congratulations on your very nice 8, Courtney. Thanks for including the flood photos and the very interesting information. I was thinking about you when the Calgary floods were on the national news and made headlines in the paper. Glad you weren't personally effected by them.

Mary
Mary, thank you. :)

I went back to some of the same flood areas on Saturday. Unfortunately the pathways are all closed. I had to ignore a barrier to get to the little bridge pictured above in my "passage of time" shots. The waters have since receded, so the bridge is visible again. I think I was conservative on the flood water depth at this point; it must have been more like 8 or 9 feet deep.
bridge is back S.jpg
bridge is back S.jpg (133.36 KiB) Viewed 609 times

The pathway is quite a bit above the river here, maybe 40 - 50 feet. The water has caused the hillside to shift. The homeowners higher up must be a little nervous - see what happened to the path.
broken pathway S.jpg
broken pathway S.jpg (168.88 KiB) Viewed 609 times

Courtney
wow Courtney oh my that road is scarey.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
51 posts Page 5 of 6