Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
51 posts Page 3 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
A ride on a camel in a camel train, how cool!!

Mary, thanks for the comment. :)

Courtney
Thanks for the nice comments, folks.
Rusty, we were on a cruise to the Canary Islands. The camel train was in Lanzarote and followed a superb visit to the Fire Mountains.
The ship also called at Madeira and we went up on the cable car

up.jpg
up.jpg (119.39 KiB) Viewed 606 times

and down on a toboggan

down.jpg
down.jpg (120.27 KiB) Viewed 606 times

The photo shows the view we had of the toboggan ahead of us. The trip was about 2km and was great fun. We walked the rest of the way into Funchal (It was also downhill!)
Man cannot change the direction of the wind but he can adjust the sails
In Vigo - a big fishing port - there were lots of seagulls flying around the ship. I spent ages trying to get some in focus!

Anything G
seagull-1.jpg
seagull-1.jpg (86.83 KiB) Viewed 606 times

seagull-2.jpg
seagull-2.jpg (67.2 KiB) Viewed 606 times
Up---high in the trees above the alligators the nests are built. These hungry nestlings are tri-colored herons.

tri-color heron nestlings

Taken at the Alligator Zoological Farm in St. Augustine, FL. So many birds go there to build nests and raise young that the trees seem decorated with birds. Safety is the main reason for that locale...tree climbing predators stay away because of the gators.

We spotted many nestlings, fledglings and juveniles.
What a beautiful picture, Tennie! I love your artwork. (And I wish I could be so creative.)
I'm really loving the photos, but Angela...that camel ride really looks like it would be fun. Lucky you having such an adventure.

Since I had UP in the trees I will give you DOWN below. This gator must be a fighter but not necessarily a very good one as he's lost part of his left foreleg.

down below
Tennie, your birds are gorgeous! Like the treatment of the gator amputee, too.

Mary
tennie wrote: Up---high in the trees above the alligators the nests are built. These hungry nestlings are tri-colored herons.

tri-color heron nestlings

Taken at the Alligator Zoological Farm in St. Augustine, FL. So many birds go there to build nests and raise young that the trees seem decorated with birds. Safety is the main reason for that locale...tree climbing predators stay away because of the gators.

We spotted many nestlings, fledglings and juveniles.

ha ha ha looks like me before my coffee.
Mary, thanks for the comment.
Judy, me too!!!!

I'm enjoying the photos and haven't had much to share, but did come up with one for G yesterday. I did have to do an arty thing as the grass was so very greeny green, overpowering!!!

Grazing Gnu

Attachments

Nice job on the "grass". I like that.
The little heron chicks are a hoot.

I'm going to post one more. Every year I get excited by the big, lush peony blooms. Unfortunately, this year was lake many others, heavy rain and gusts of wind hit about the time they were at their peak.
End of Peonys.jpg
End of Peonys.jpg (134.1 KiB) Viewed 574 times

Rusty :x
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
51 posts Page 3 of 6