Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
50 posts Page 5 of 5
_DSC0875.jpg
_DSC0875.jpg (115.69 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Contrary to public opinion, I'm not a hermit..... :D Here is a photo i took in a public place. I tried to get a picture of a flying salmon but it just didn't happen.
Chas
Chas's Gallery
f/16 on a sunny day.....:)
Wonderful photos, BJ.

Chas, that's some fish market. I've never seen such a selection.
Here I've got a photo for "gross," which is a tough subject for me. I always look for beauty. I found this bank (yes, there is a coin slot in the back of the zombie) in Toys R Us. :shock:
gross bank s.jpg
gross bank s.jpg (162.81 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

This urban coyote is hunting ground squirrels. The field is full of them, but they were too smart for the coyote, at least while we were watching. Here she is looking left as she prowls through the grass.
looking left s.jpg
looking left s.jpg (144.53 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

This is the beginning of my sunflower patch blooming. The first flower is an unusual one, like a Siamese twin. That is two flowers growing together, out of one head.
beginning of s.jpg
beginning of s.jpg (149.74 KiB) Viewed 1112 times

Courtney
Chas, nice shot of the fish market. Maybe, you'll catch the flying salmon next time. :)

Thanks for the nice comment, Tennie.

Courtney, I agree about gross. However, after seeing gross things, beauty is even more beautiful.
Love your sunflowers!

just a follow up note for those who didn't see my photos/note on the previous page -
if possible, please pm a word (subject, theme, etc) for the August list. A group-generated list is always more interesting for the thread.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Did you know this was National Cheesecake Week? I didn't either.

DW was watching the noon news and learned so. She also learned that The Cheesecake Factory was honoring the event with half-price slices. Woo Hoo.
NOT Gross.jpg
NOT Gross.jpg (134.29 KiB) Viewed 1104 times

Guess what we are having for dessert tonight.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks, Courtney.
Really nice photos, everyone!!!

Festival: This is a stretch, but here goes. Recently we went to Swim Days in Fairfield, Montana. The purpose is to raise money to support the public swimming pool. Swim Days are kind of like a festival in that there are many events and activities. In the frozen T-shirt contest teams try to break apart the frozen T-shirts and put them on! The team first to wear all the T-shirts wins. These ladies gave it a valient effort but didn't win. (Also there seem to be more legs in this photo than people!)
festival.jpg
festival.jpg (193.46 KiB) Viewed 1101 times

If this can be a twofer (outdoor activity) then this is my 8. :)

Mary
Rusty, mouthwatering photos --- ummmm!
Mary, great selection for festival/outdoor activity. We're going to have 100+ everyday this upcoming week. I might try freezing a tee shirt or 2 & try to figure out a way to wear them.

storm clouds, but not much rain for my neighborhood.
ph-choice-0713-.jpg
ph-choice-0713-.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

Vinca with a center 0
ph-O-0713.jpg
ph-O-0713.jpg (61.89 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

4 legs on both sides.
ph-4-0713.jpg
ph-4-0713.jpg (75.36 KiB) Viewed 1094 times

I downloaded a trial of T Clarity & have been comparing it with my other Topaz programs, esp. T detail. I don't know if I will buy Clarity, but it sure is a good program. I love the HSL & new color range selection options that have been included.

The August list will be available in a day or 2.
Betty
Oh my goodness you are all blowing me away this month with the photo choices, way to go all. I am so enjoying them and Rusty had to make me hungry for cheesecake!
Wonderful sky, BJ.
Really some great shots for the month. :love:
Tennie, thanks for you nice comment about the stormy sky.

to all - August list on the way today.
bettu
Betty
50 posts Page 5 of 5