Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
50 posts Page 3 of 5
Tennie, I enjoy seeing your excellent photos of those green heron babies. And being a mountain biker, I always like to see bikes in photos.

Mary, I like your clematis "painting." Mine just started to bloom yesterday. Is that what subject your photo is, beginning of?

Rusty, I like your choice of b&w for your photo. Looks good.

My photos were taken at the Calgary Stampede, the "Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth," according to the festival organizers anyway.

Here is part of the midway. I was tickled to see a food vendor selling "Hot Wisconsin Cheese," deep fried of course. It is in the background on the right, hard to see in this photo. Anyway, this is my festival photo.
stampede festival s.jpg
stampede festival s.jpg (173.46 KiB) Viewed 681 times

And this is my "O" photo. At the stampede there are vendors making doughnuts right before your very eyes! It really is kind of cool - you can see the dough dropping out of a dispenser, into the hot oil, floating along a little canal, being flipped over as they cook and turn golden brown, then being carried up on a conveyor belt and dumped into the cinnamon sugar. You get them immediately, too hot to eat, and so very delicious.
mini doughnuts S.jpg
mini doughnuts S.jpg (124.66 KiB) Viewed 681 times

Courtney
Oh, wish I could have some of those O's, looks delicious!

Couldn't decide on left and/or right so I asked a squirrel if he would raise his right paws....by golly, he did it! Rusty, are your squirrels that cooperative?

Attachments

No, darn it.
My tree rats don't take direction very well.

Rusty

(are you sure he isn't just scratching fleas?)
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Thanks, Judy, Tennie, and Courtney
Is that what subject your photo is, beginning of?

Courtney, the subject with the clematis was "4" but I didn't highlight it in my explanation. Loved the summer-y feeling of your Stampede photo, by the way!
Tennie, the cooperative squirrel is a kick! You were in the right place at the right time for sure!

Mary
Thanks, Mary!!!
Gee Rusty, I don't know...maybe it was my years as a teacher, told him if he had to go he needed to raise his paw and ask to be excused.
Outdoor activity

Attachments

Courtney i sure could really enjoy one of those donuts.
Tennie that squirrel is just to funny.
:biggrin: I love the squirrel picture!

My first tomatoes of the season, a couple just about ready to pick. I'm practicing control and letting them ripen a few more days on the vine to get them super sweet. Here is a bunch of 4.
4 tomatoes S.jpg
"4"
4 tomatoes S.jpg (110.4 KiB) Viewed 655 times

Outdoor activity - play on a playground, woo hoo!
outdoor play S.jpg
Outdoor Activity
outdoor play S.jpg (188.24 KiB) Viewed 655 times

Courtney
ughh now i want a blt!
Courtney that is some cool looking playground.
Courtney, those tomatoes almost look 3D - outstanding!

Any subject from last month's list - up and/or down: This little guy flew into our motor home window when we were at a campground in Montana. He was knocked out and fell down to the ground. He came to eventually but couldn't fly for awhile. That's when he posed for the photo.
subject from last month down.jpg
subject from last month down.jpg (235.84 KiB) Viewed 649 times

Mary
50 posts Page 3 of 5