Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
58 posts Page 6 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Thank you for the comments on my fly photo, gang. :)

Mary, I love that shadow in the emu photo! And good catch for glitz, Tennie. I hope your operation goes well. Rusty, good assortment of transportation modes.

Since the mtb in mtbSpike stands for mountain bike, naturally I have a mountain biking photo for transportation.
Terrace South S.jpg
Terrace South S.jpg (142.93 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

After our bike ride, Chris pointed out the neat shadows on the mountainside across the valley.
shadows S.jpg
shadows S.jpg (168.38 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

Courtney
For a photo of my choice, I have another one from the local man-made lake. Calgary is a city of a million people and it is fairly ethnically diverse. When I'm at the lake I often see one or two muslim women or older girls completely covered up, but making the most of their chance to enjoy a day at the beach. I feel sorry for them that they have to cover their arms, legs, and hair on sunny hot days, usually with black clothing. But I also admire them for being there and swimming, or at least wading a bit anyway. This mom is playing in the sand and water with her little girl.
hijab S.jpg
Choice
hijab S.jpg (150.45 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

One of the previous month's subjects that I did not get was "simple." When I buy plums they typically have dark skins but pale flesh inside. So I was wowed and surprised by the bright color of these red plums. They were a simple and delicious snack.
simple snack S.jpg
simple snack S.jpg (90.86 KiB) Viewed 1057 times

All I have left now is glitz. Not sure where I'll find that one.

Courtney
Thanks for the comment, Courtney.

I really like your mountain bike photo. To me it seems like it should be on a philosophical/spiritual site
with a caption like -"On the road of life..." or something similar. Very nice!

Mary
:wave:
So many wonderful photos by you all. Congrats to those who have accomplished all 8.

Judy, real nice photo of your ladybug. It's so nice that you went on a little photo shoot & posted your photo for us to enjoy. Looking forward to more of your photos, when you find time.

Natural glitz. Quartz
ph-q-glitz-0813.jpg
ph-q-glitz-0813.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

patterns spotted at local charity garage sale -
copyrights 1973 & 1985. :D
ph-fashion-73--85.jpg
ph-fashion-73--85.jpg (91.39 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Subject from last month

ph-PM-insect-0813.jpg
ph-PM-insect-0813.jpg (110.88 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

cutout was used on the prey (above)

ph-PM-insect2-0813.jpg
ph-PM-insect2-0813.jpg (82.96 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

shadows: fly, web & spider
ph-shadow-0813.jpg
ph-shadow-0813.jpg (56.27 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Betty
Betty, the quartz looks like it's in 3D - very sharp. I loved looking at the patterns. The one on the left looks like it's from the 70's but I'm not sure about the other one. The spider shadow is terrific - good capture!

Mary
My friends i am loving the photos. Just kinda being kept busy right now.
Mary, thanks for the nice comments. One pattern has the copyright of 73 & the other is from 85. :D
Also, thanks for your tip about increasing the saturation of a TS underpainting. Doing that makes a nice difference.
Betty
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
58 posts Page 6 of 6