Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
58 posts Page 5 of 6
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Fashion and art go together for this shot of a 'young girls fashionable park attire'.

art
A ladybug by ladybug - perfect! Angela's butterfly is lovely. And tennie, nicely processed. :thumbsup:

I found a dragonfly caught by one wing in a spider's web. I put my hand under him and he was able to grab on to my hand and hold on as I pulled it away from the web. He took a minute to recover, so I was able to snap several pictures before he flew off, despite the twisted wing tip. Too bad it wasn't one of the pretty blue or red dragon flies that I've seen in my yard.
dragon fly in web S.jpg
dragon fly in web S.jpg (67.96 KiB) Viewed 654 times

dragon fly in hand S.jpg
dragon fly in hand S.jpg (83.83 KiB) Viewed 654 times

My next insect photo could also be used for last month's "gross" topic. Yucky house fly.
fly S.jpg
fly S.jpg (86.64 KiB) Viewed 654 times

Courtney
My son got a glow stick for a party favor the other week. He took it in the bathroom, turned off the lights, and asked me to take photos of it as he swung it around. I played with different shutter speeds and eventually he and I started writing our names in the mirror. Well, Courtney was too long for my shutter speed, but you can make out the "U," can't you? :) Photo credit to Chris.
neon name S.jpg
neon name S.jpg (52.37 KiB) Viewed 654 times

We were at the little local lake when I was impressed by this young lady's fashion sense. She definitely put the rest of us to shame.
fashion S.jpg
fashion S.jpg (123.93 KiB) Viewed 654 times

Courtney
Courtney, that fly may be 'gross' to have in the house but it's a great photo...so clear and the colors are unexpectedly beautiful.
Angela, pretty colors and shapes in the butterfly photo.

Judy, yes, a ladybug for a ladybug - nice.

Tennie, lovely artwork.

Courtney, even though the housefly is a pest this photo shows how beautiful it is in its own way - outstanding capture,

Mary
Nice catches by all ... especially the insect/bug closeups.

I was walking around yesterday. There is a gallery in Waukesha where I always stop in to see "what's new". They also have a corner in the back where clothing is sold; I guess that makes it artistic clothing :biggrin:
Fashion.jpg
Fashion.jpg (129.59 KiB) Viewed 648 times

I was also able to find one from last month that I didn't have:
Left or Right.jpg
Left or Right.jpg (118.08 KiB) Viewed 648 times

Now I'm down to only one more to go for August.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Finished off my "eight" yesterday...
Transportation at the Zoo.jpg
Transportation at the Zoo.jpg (114.93 KiB) Viewed 638 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Congrats on your 8, Rusty!

Shadow: Got this emu and a plant shadow at the Cougar Mountain Zoo in Issaquah, WA. I couldn't get too close to him because of the warnings in the second photo!!
shadow.jpg
shadow.jpg (176.77 KiB) Viewed 636 times
emu sign.jpg
emu sign.jpg (130.35 KiB) Viewed 636 times

That makes 8 - lots of fun as always!

Mary
Fun photos for the month. Looks like I'll be the 3rd to finish the 8. Didn't think I'd make it but we went to Animal Kingdom (last chance until after surgery and rehab) and just as we were leaving spotted dancers in the Asia area. The gals were all glitz and glitter, but I was drawn to the Male Peacock dancer. He strutted the stage and really played the part.

Glitz
Male Peacock dancer.jpg
Male Peacock dancer.jpg (167.88 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Tennie, loved the peacock dancer - very nice lighting on him. Congrats on the 8! Get healed up quickly, by the way!

Shadow: Here's another one from the Cougar Mountain Zoo. Think he's an alpaca.
shadow2.jpg
shadow2.jpg (232.45 KiB) Viewed 627 times

Mary
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
58 posts Page 5 of 6