Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
37 posts Page 2 of 4
Mary, the honey looks delicious. Hope you had a good yield.
The mushroom looks similar to the ones I see occasionally in my field. (Nice shot)
There is a chokeberry in my field as well, but it has dark purple fruit, which the birds seem to enjoy. Hope to get a shot of it soon.

Chas, thanks for sharing your photo of our photoshop friends.
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Didn't even have to visit the zoo for these...
Wild Stuff.jpg
Wild Stuff.jpg (115.74 KiB) Viewed 700 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Nothing says "Fall" around Milwaukee more than Halloween Express!

I don't know if this a national chain or a local outfit. Like most places we have 2d and 3d tier strip malls where For Rent signs are as common as functioning retail outlets. This Halloween Express outfit jumps in with short-term leases to create pop-up stores selling a variety of theme junk. This starts in mid-September and runs thru October.
First of Fall-1.jpg
First of Fall-1.jpg (127.25 KiB) Viewed 692 times

OK, I'm going to show my age. Just when did Halloween become a big deal holiday?

Rusty

Went to the East Side Saturday for an "event". Discovered it was scheduled for late in the afternoon and I wasn't inclined to kill time for 4+ hours.

It wasn't a waste, I settled thr people watching the groups of people sitting around enjoying the day.
Group.jpg
Group.jpg (121.92 KiB) Viewed 687 times

Rusty

We went to an interesting multi-day festival this weekend in Calgary called Beakerhead. It was billed as a mixing of science, art, and engineering. Geek out! :D There were many events at various locations, but we could only see a bit of it. On Saturday night we went to see robotic bands, musical Tesla coils, a giant robot spider, and other wild stuff.

We were at the back of the crowd for an all robot band that appropriately played heavy metal. I'm afraid you can hardly see them in my photo, but it was funny because they were programmed to do the typical head-banging of heavy metal musicians.
group S.jpg
Group
group S.jpg (129.48 KiB) Viewed 680 times

This band, ArcAttack, uses giant Tesla coils to produced lightning and music; really wild! The guitar player is in a chain mail suit to protect him, and it also must draw the lighting strikes. Yes, he is playing the guitar while being zapped by the lightning.
arc attack S.jpg
Wild
arc attack S.jpg (143.15 KiB) Viewed 680 times

Courtney
Rusty, I like your clever collages!

Courtney, those "guys" are totally amazing! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Mary
Rusty i also like your pages. Courtney that is so awesome i would love to see that.
Group: This group of apples probably won't get picked unless someone is able to really shake the tree.
group.jpg
group.jpg (182.03 KiB) Viewed 665 times

Mary
Mary that sure makes them apples that much more desirable.
Betty and Judy, thanks for the comments.

The letter "P": It's spiderville around here now - spiders and webs everywhere!
Letter P 1..jpg
Letter P 1..jpg (169.95 KiB) Viewed 654 times

Brown: Taken a couple of weeks ago in NE WA. The creek is very low now and more brown is exposed.
brown copy.jpg
brown copy.jpg (212.78 KiB) Viewed 654 times

Mary
37 posts Page 2 of 4