Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
35 posts Page 2 of 4
Tennie, you were missed during the past weeks. Love the longhorn shot! It's great to see that some folks are enjoying walking weather.

We've been iced in for days, but should thaw in a couple of days. We're expecting another artic blast in about 9 or 10 days, though.

Courtney, Good news - we can look forward to Mary's help with the photos thread. (Thank you, Mary)

Judy, Thanks for the encouragement with the new Dell. (I'm learning to live with Win 8.1)
Hope to see some shots of the new gazebo. Is the construction underway yet? Love your Ladybug Christmas avatar!
Betty
Win 8.1, PS CC, Canon bridge P&S
Betty with the snow storm they have pretty much stopped working on it for now. But yes , you bet i will post photos when it is done!
bjt wrote: Tennie, you were missed during the past weeks. Love the longhorn shot! It's great to see that some folks are enjoying walking weather.

Thanks, BJ. These photos were taken in Texas (Johnson City - longhorn & Austin's Zilker park) We got out of Texas the day before the storm hit. Our kids have posted the ice pics on facebook, what a mess! Hope you're doing ok.
Well, I recently went to Molbak's Home & Garden store in Woodinville, WA to see their extravanza of holiday displays! The one outdoor shot was not taken at Molbak's!

Arrangement: I like the added books.
arrangement1.jpg
arrangement1.jpg (221.91 KiB) Viewed 4006 times

Second version - arrangement: There were so many beautiful arrangements there.
arrangement2.jpg
arrangement2.jpg (207.9 KiB) Viewed 4006 times

Anything gold: Father Christmas in his gold robe.
gold.jpg
gold.jpg (187.26 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Anything with "h": A horse, chicken, and sheep in this display touting stuffed animals.
horse.jpg
horse.jpg (237.74 KiB) Viewed 4005 times

Subject from a previous list - fish: These are beaded fish with beaded jellyfish on the left!
fish1.jpg
fish1.jpg (199.84 KiB) Viewed 4005 times

Choice: This is Molbak's famous tree made out of live poinsettia plants. There are benches around it because people have their photos taken in front of it.
choice.jpg
choice.jpg (234.86 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Traffic and weather: On the way home around 2:30 pm there was traffic and overcast, rainy weather. Guess that makes this a twofer. :)
traffic.jpg
traffic.jpg (120.23 KiB) Viewed 4005 times

That's 8 counting the twofer.

Mary
I love the holiday photos especially the poinsettia tree. What a great background for a holiday photo.
When DW starts the Christmas house decoration blitz one of my early chores is to bring up brass candlesticks from the basement. It takes a bit more than three hours to polish everything. This isn't an arrangement yet, but it will be:
Arrangement To Be.jpg
Arrangement To Be.jpg (114.36 KiB) Viewed 3989 times

Polishing metal isn't that intellectually demanding but it's an opportunity to stand at the kitchen window watching the birds savaging my feeders:
Bird Traffic.jpg
Bird Traffic.jpg (126.79 KiB) Viewed 3989 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
wow Rusty that is some job. You are very patient i do not think i could do a 3 hour task such as that. Those birds sure are lucky to have a place to get a bit of food it must really be hard for them this time of year.
Super photos this month.

Found a gold snowflake on a white tree.

35 posts Page 2 of 4