Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
37 posts Page 3 of 4
My Photographer's Assistant woke me up at the ungodly hour of 7:15 (!!!) to insist that I look out the window.

Yeah, it was worth getting up for.
Interesting Sky.jpg
Interesting Sky.jpg (115.46 KiB) Viewed 3884 times

Twenty minutes after I took this shot, there wasn't a bit of color in the sky ... uniform, flat gray.

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
Winter is still here...
Frozen Rain.jpg
Frozen Rain.jpg (115.29 KiB) Viewed 3882 times

I've got one left (plus choices) and have plans for that one this weekend.

Rusty

Rusty, good for your Photographer's Assistant - beautiful sunrise colors in the sky! Also liked your nighttime "frozen rain" shot - doesn't look like that would be an easy one to get.

Mary
Rusty what awesome colors i am glad you got that beautiful shot.
Yuck i am afraid you are right winter is still here.
Rusty,

Fantastic colors in that sunrise! I like the view through the tree branches (lucky for you, since you can shoot it right out your bedroom window). Good capture of the frozen rain. :)

Courtney
Actually, Courtney, I didn't do it the easy way from the bedroom window. I went downstairs, added warm clothing, and went out on the patio with a tripod to catch the sunrise. Photogs gotta be dedicated!

Here's the last of my designated subjects for the month. I spent part of Saturday walking around downtown Waukesha for their winter carnival ice sculpture activity:
Work of Art.jpg
Work of Art.jpg (117.33 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

The assigned theme was "winter olympics"; this carver's vision was a figure skater taking a tumble with skate shod feet up in the air.

Rusty

Rusty, neat, unusual capture! Good job on getting the photos!

Pattern: We got caught in very slow accident traffic on the highway near Palm Springs so I had plenty of time to try to get some windfarm shots.
pattern.jpg
pattern.jpg (232.63 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
Mary
I've made the drive from LA to Palm Springs ... have never seen so many windmills before. They just go on for miles and miles.

I went back to downtown Waukesha yesterday. I wanted to see all the sculptures finished. I especially wanted to see the above skater as, IMHO, I thought it should be the winner. It had been vandalized and smashed into pieces. I just don't understand how someone can think it "fun" to destroy something like that for no reason or gain.

Rusty

Rusty wrote:
I went back to downtown Waukesha yesterday. I wanted to see all the sculptures finished. I especially wanted to see the above skater as, IMHO, I thought it should be the winner. It had been vandalized and smashed into pieces. I just don't understand how someone can think it "fun" to destroy something like that for no reason or gain.

Rusty

What a shame. I also can not comprehend why some people do what they do. I just don't, and never will, get it. The artist must be pretty bummed out. Hopefully judging was done the day before.

Mary, good subject for pattern.

Courtney
I know the topic is "toy," but I haven't chosen just one to focus on yet. Instead I give you toys, toys, toys! Too many old, outgrown toys in this cupboard. I really need to thin out the stash.
toys toys toys! s.jpg
toys toys toys! s.jpg (120.21 KiB) Viewed 3859 times

The sunrise is coinciding with Chris' arrival at school right now. I've seen some pretty colors in the sky, and one morning I even had the foresight to bring my camera along. Here is one for "interesting sky."
sunrise s.jpg
sunrise s.jpg (115.81 KiB) Viewed 3859 times

Courtney
37 posts Page 3 of 4