Digital challenges to help you develop your skills!
29 posts Page 1 of 3
Thanks to Rusty who tagged me to submit a photo this week.

Here is how this challenge works. I've posted an image, your challenge is to do whatever you want to it and post your results and some instruction as to what you did to get the effect you came up with.... IF you can remember all the steps you took.

Here is this week's image.

I saw some Christmas potential in this image as well as other things. There is no time limit to this challenge and you can post as many times as you want. If you have a burning desire to host next week's Creative Challenge, just PM me. Most important of all, "Have Fun!"
A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
Just about this time every year, I have truly overdosed on Christmas stories. I have read to children, discussed, and compared every children's author's idea of Santa and the North Pole. I decided to try my own vision of Santa's home. Besides, Rusty started something with his sign last week.

A life without cause is a life without effect.
Clara
My Gallery
Here is my go at it.... hoepfully I'm remembering the steps correctly

Duplicated it then ran a filter> Stylize > Diffuse
Duplicated that and ran a gradient map + render clouds to add in a bit of color to the sky
Finished it off with a frame of Jodi's.

old-barn.gif
old-barn.gif (98.46 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
Two great creations. Too tired tonight to think of anything. Will post something tomorrow.

Kim
My Creations
Canon 40D, Canon 28-135mm IS lens, Canon 300D, Canon 18-55mm lens, CS3

Kimz Kreationz Blog
"I know! We'll put on a show!"

I forgot I was supposed to remember what I did, but here's most of it. Cropped it, opened the door, dropped in a guitar player I took in Tokyo and a curtain I made, added lighting effects, and a couple layers to carry the light into the other openings. Finished the building with modified Orton effect.

Bill
GREAT image Clara, I hated to mess with it...

Creative-6.jpg
Creative-6.jpg (130.61 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

I did a bit of several things; had to stop before I got too carried away :D

Creative-6-How.jpg
Creative-6-How.jpg (168.35 KiB) Viewed 2258 times

Rusty
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough. - Robert Capa

www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19932
replaced sky.did some dodging and burning, added a black layer set to overlay lower opacity, several layers of impressionist. Oh shucks I forgot to write it all down.

1UIHw2F8gDdl7vtkuybP0V675UN.jpg
1UIHw2F8gDdl7vtkuybP0V675UN.jpg (223.83 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
Great picture to play with Clara. I added color to the sky using an adjustment layer solid color then another adjustment layer for levels to darken. Lastly I played with some brushes,

cre8v-chlng-6.jpg
cre8v-chlng-6.jpg (93.21 KiB) Viewed 2208 times
~coco~
the view

from here
I just realized what you "painted" on the barn door coco! :lol:
:D
~coco~
the view

from here
29 posts Page 1 of 3