Learn about video editing and enhancement with Adobe Premiere Elements.
30 posts Page 1 of 3
Just some comments re: Premier. I atttempted to use Premier 3 for several months and just got frustrated with the interface. Difficult to do what I considered to be very basic operations. Finally hit the wall trying to create a DVD and hit the "unknown error, must shut down" message every time I tried to create the DVD. Finally downloaded PSG 3.1 and got more done in 10 minutes that I did with Premier in the last 2 months.

If creating quality slide shows is part of the reason you shoot, I highly recommend you download the trial version (it's free).

One other note, changing from DVD-R to DVD+R blanks, solved my problems with a few audio/visual hiccups on TV playback.

Steve - Toledo
Hi Steve,

I use Pro Show Gold for DVD photo slideshows and love it.

Diana
Diana

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.

~ Canon Rebel XTi ~ WinXP ~ PSE 5.0 ~ Pro Show Gold ~ Photoshop 6.0 ~
:mrgreen: Hi Steve....

I use Pro Show Gold.... I just bought it about a week ago. I think that it is great !!!!

If you would like to try it go to this site...www.photodex.com and download their "Trial version" and try it .

If you then decide to buy it you just have to get an registration no.

Cheers

George
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle."James Kelly
http://www.prestophoto.com/photos/gallery/19724 George's Gallery
Wow Steve,
This program looks awesome! I am going to download the trial and try it out. I have Premiere 3 and now 4...I keep hoping I will get to learning it and I just haven't gotten to it. It seems I am still on the "curve" with Elements. I watched some Proshow tutorials and it seems easier somehow (the work flow, layouts,etc) and that is what I LIKE!
Thanks for the tip...maybe Jane will need to add a another section for Proshow?
katie
I use ProShowGold for slide shows. It's easy to use and makes terrific DVD shows. I went back to the site and saw a demo of the higher priced ProShow. Wow! I almost wished I would have spent the bigger bucks! But ProShowGold has everything I really need.
jo
my gallery
Sony VAIO PC/Windows XT/PSE5/CS3
Canon digital rebel XT
Katiedid,

Glad you liked what you saw. Supposedly "the book" is going to be published soon. The program has a lot of features I would like to tie into. I have not found a users group anywhere, let alone one as good as this group. I would enjoy a section on this board for PSG as well.

Steve - Toledo
ToledoSteve wrote: Katiedid,

Glad you liked what you saw. Supposedly "the book" is going to be published soon. The program has a lot of features I would like to tie into. I have not found a users group anywhere, let alone one as good as this group. I would enjoy a section on this board for PSG as well.

Steve - Toledo

Steve....Is "the book" their instruction book or is it another book from some one else?

George
ToledoSteve wrote: I have not found a users group anywhere, let alone one as good as this group.

I use ProShow Gold and love it for still photo slide shows. PSG will do video but it's a little limited in how much editing/control you have with the video clips.

I've just recently started using Premiere 4 for video shows. I think I'll like Premiere once I get over the initial learning curve.

Here's a link for the best ProShow forum around, imho.

ProShow Enthusiasts

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com./

Great group of folks, similiar atmosphere as the Creative Elements Community. :D
George,

To quote the Photodex web site:

James Karney, talented photographer and author, has teamed up with Photodex to create The Photodex Official Guide to ProShow. The book is scheduled for release later this year by renowned publisher Thomson Learning. Pre-ordering information will be available before the official release.
More Information

I am not sure which version it applies to yet.

Steve - Toledo
:mrgreen: Thanks Steve !!!

Looking forward to getting the book. I have just started to use "proshow gold" so need all the help I can get ;)

Thanks again

George
30 posts Page 1 of 3